1. By booking a place on a workshop, you are accepting the terms and conditions set out below. The cost for attending the workshop will be as stated on the workshop page on this website at the time of booking. Each workshop will be run by Cathy Reavy, Threads, Sunnyside, Alstonefield, Ashbourne, DE6 2FR. Information about each workshop is published on this website and we will deliver the workshop in accordance with that information. Unless otherwise stated, workshops are run at Alstonefield Village Hall, DE6 2FR.
2. Booking may be made via a workshop booking form on this website, by e-mail to Cathy Reavy (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by telephone on 01335 310125. Names and contact details are required for all attendees.
3. Payment for each workshop place is required in full on booking, Your booking(s) will be confirmed and payment requested within 7 days. Workshop places will not be held beyond 7 days after booking. No additional reminders about payment will be sent. For weekend workshops, a £50 deposit is required on booking with the balance being due 3 months beforehand.
4. You are invited to make payment either by BACS or cheque. Details will be forwarded to you at the time of booking.
5. You will receive confirmation of receipt of payment (normally within 48 hours), together with workshop joining information by e-mail. Please check your junk/spam folder. Except for weekend workshops, no further reminders about workshop attendance will be sent. Workshop joining information will also be published on the relevant workshop page on this website.
6. Payment is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend the workshop, you will receive the relevant kit with a link to a step-by-step video tutorial for you to complete the workshop at home (unlimited access for personal use). This will be despatched to you after the workshop takes place (postage included). If the workshop is over-subscribed (therefore filling your cancelled place), you will have the option of a refund or transferring your booking to another workshop (assuming available places). Refunds will only be processed after the workshop takes place by BACS transfer. You may at any time nominate another individual to attend the workshop in your place.
7. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop should there be insufficient demand, or as a result of any other extenuating circumstances. In such an event, payment will be refunded in full as soon as is reasonably possible after cancellation or postponement. Workshops will run with a minimum of 6 persons. Numbers will not normally exceed 12 persons.
8. Our sole liability in relation to any cancellation, postponement or change of venue shall be limited to the price paid by you for such workshop and we shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential losses.
9. Finishing Off Days for Charity will continue to operate as previously, with payment for places being made on the day, and a maximum of 15/16 persons.
10. We will adhere to any Government guidelines for the safe use of Community facilities in conjunction with Alstonefield Village Hall at times of Covid-19 infection. Where necessary, tables for attendees will be spaced so that social distancing can be maintained. Friends and family are welcome to sit together. Face coverings are optional.
11. Embroidery demonstrations will be projected on to a large screen by pre-recorded video so that no-one has to gather in groups in order to see the work process. The tutor (Cathy Reavy) will be available to provide additional instructions and demonstration as needed.
12. Equipment (scissors, pins etc.) will be provided for your use on workshops. However, you may be asked to bring your own embroidery hoop/frame and you are welcome to use your own equipment if you prefer.
14. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for designs, video content, instructions and photographs belong to Cathy Reavy of Threads. They are for personal use and are not to be shared, copied, reproduced or redistributed in any form without express permission of the copyright holder.
15.Tea, coffee, home-made biscuits and cake are provided on workshops at no additional charge. A gluten-free cake option is normally available. Should you have any food allergies or other specific requirements please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate you. However, as cakes and biscuits are prepared in a home kitchen, we cannot guarantee that refreshments are free from ingredients that may affect those with food allergies, but all efforts are made to minimise this risk where requested. We will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to food consumed during workshops. For weekend workshops, you will be asked to provide any dietary requirements prior to the workshop, in order that these may be given to an external caterer for lunch preparation.